the Change I Wish to See

...and whatever else it takes to find my pants

2.24.2008

Step 1

Commit even if it means you're alone.

At the Archives' free screenings of the complete documentary and short categories... Submerged myself as wholeheartedly as possible this weekend. In the last four days, I've seen 18 out of the 20 screened. I've worn the same hoodie/coat combo three times in a row because I've been here too often to do laundry.

But I've gone to 16 out of 18 by myself. And maybe that's not a complaint. It's at least an observation. I saw the opportunity for free movies and dropped the world in front of me to create a better one. Because I had to. Because if I didn't, I would've been miserable about it for a while. That I'm the only person I know here who felt that or wasn't otherwise legitimately occupied might bother me more than it should. But I'm not apologizing. It's disappointing that this weekend has been as close to perfect as it could be: what I did aligned with who I am. The fact that I'm not sharing that, though, means either I'm the only one here or everyone like me had more important things to do. The resulting question seems obvious.

Wishing this weekend has some permanence.

Sent via iPhone.

0 comments: