the Change I Wish to See

...and whatever else it takes to find my pants

12.02.2008

McDelicious

Ignore that Creative Commons thing from yesterday.  I'll get on that tomorrow.  Promise.  I need help.


Thanks to Morgan Spurlock, that famous McDonald's jingle



...has been much maligned.

McDonald's facade, as a whole, has been peeled back to reveal a hideous underbelly.  We treat it like that cousin the law and our family say we're a little too attracted to.  We flirt with it -- "Oh, I just want some fries" -- but refuse to commit publicly, protesting a bit too much -- "I rarely eat fast food.  It's like the Wal-Mart of grocery."

And so that jingle?  These days it sounds more like "two all queef patties, 'special' 'sauce,' lettuce, grease, pickles, funyuns on an opium seed bun."

But I take pride in my infrequent appearances at the golden arches.*  "You could say I lost my faith in science and progress.  You could say I lost my belief in the holy church.... but if I ever lose my faith in you,"** McDonald's, I will use the following three commercials to restore it.





-----
*Something about the word "golden" bothers me.  I wonder, what, it, is...***
**Oh, Sting.  The Billboard charts miss you.
***Yep. That's it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did Big Macs really used to look like that? I bet those burgers had real beef in them and everything!

lacochran's evil twin said...

When I was little McDonald's was the best food ever! Now, not so much.

brad said...

katie: yeah they did. i bet they tasted good, too

evil twin: yeah. it's much more of a lackluster experience now. it's lost the glory. but i still do love a Big Breakfast once a year