the Change I Wish to See

...and whatever else it takes to find my pants

8.30.2006

Dell-uded.

Apparently, without Steven, the "Dude, you're gettin a Dell!" guy, Dell has devolved into the kind of disappointment only a Dell employee could be contracted to love. My 700m is embarassing; techwoelogical. I won't go into details, but I am deeply ashamed of it. Actually, I will go into details. Last night, I booted and to my surprise after having used it all day, my wireless driver was missing. Just gone. Actual error message:


A couple days ago, I pushed the power button a few times and nothing happened. I think I may have heard my board heckling me but Dell will neither confirm nor deny my suspicions until I renew my warranty. I have to make up excuses for this thing when people are around. When the battery dies after 10 minutes of standby, I say I forgot to change the power settings and it's hibernating. And when it throws a tantrum, won't boot and audibly mocks me, I say it's a security mech, that I forgot to use the fingerprint reader (700ms don't have fingerprint readers, by the way). I'm kind of like a parent faced with the realization that his child who dreams of being a track star is really a legless, dull-witted moron.

2 comments:

Nina said...

lol...you're funny.

brad said...

i'll admit i edited the error message. but i definitely am not taking the blame for that horrible machine i bought from Dell